Sunday 3 June 2012

Monthly movies for May

Once again I only got to see one movie for this month, of course it was The Avengers. If only I didn't have to work, and I could just watch movies and get paid for it, but this is not the case, and I had a very busy workload in the last month, so without getting into my boring work, lets move onto my monthly movie review for May.

The Avengers: This was a big movie in the waiting for many people including myself. Out of the comic book characters in The Avengers, that have done movies so far, I have only seen the first Iron Man and just recently Captain America: The First Avenger. Of course Joss Whedon is one of my favourite Director/writers, creating one of my all time favourite TV shows Firefly, plus Buffy, Dollhouse, the list goes on and on. Just knowing that he was the director/writer, was enough for me to want to see this movie. Seeing that most of the main super hero's have had their own blockbuster movies shown in the last fews years, meant that they did not have to use the first movie in building up the characters too much, but I felt like they did enough in this movie for that, without messing with the main plot too much. I feel that Joss had some good humour in the movie, and massive action scenes. With total mass destruction from the evil bad guys, which only the Super Hero's of course could stop, it was, to me, a true Marvel style movie. Of course the last thing which I loved about the movie, is of course it had Samuel L Jackson, and I think that is enough said. Of course my views might be biased due to it having Joss Whedon and Samuel L Jackson involved in the movie.  If you love comic book movies, then I would say this one is a must, 4/5.

Well, as they say that is a wrap for this month, and I hope you enjoyed this movie like I did.
Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment