Saturday 21 July 2012

The Upcoming MIFF, what well you see?

Yes, it is that time of year again, the Melbourne International Film Festival (MIFF), is back on from the 2nd August to 18th August. Next month I will be seeing just over 20 movies in two weeks, and you might think that is a lot of movies. Well, I do too, last year I saw 14 movies at MIFF and the year before I think I only saw around 5. I am a big movie geek seeing that amount? Well it might be too most people, but, I am a lightweight movie geek, compared to the heavyweights, who see around 60+ movies during the festival.

I have only been to the festival over the last three years, and have been a MIFF member since going to the festival. It is a great annual event show casing all types of movies from all over the world. I like it cause it is a great opportunity to be able to go to the movie and see something you wouldn't normally be able to see on the big screen, or to be able to see some movies earlier than expected. The movies which I am looking forward too at MIFF will be Ace Attorney, Save your Legs, Hara-Kirir: Death of a Samurai, We are Legion: The story of the Hacktivist, Rampart, plus, what am I kidding, I am looking forward to seeing all of the movies at the festival. 

Being MIFF members has it's benefits too. While the festival is on, you get priority queuing to all the movies you attend at the festival, you also get discounted movies tickets, and sneak previews to movies throughout the year. The other main benefit of being a member is knowing that you are supporting an organization which supports the local industry.

August is a big month for me then, not only am I going to be seeing lots of fantastic movies, but I will also be starting my new job too. So, lots of movie blogging for me to do for August, not sure if I will include the MIFF movies in my monthly installment, or do special MIFF blogs during the festival. This will be something I will decide when it starts.

What's on at MIFF, then click HERE.
Want to become a MIFF member, then click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment