Thursday 30 August 2012

Lawrence Of Arabia

I had the pleasure of seeing Lawrence of Arabia at the Astor during the week. It is the first time I have seen the movie, and I have been wanting to see it for a long time. It is a long movie (roughly 4 hours), lucky for me Astor had an intermission break allowing us to stretch our legs and have a yummy Astor choc top. I did enjoy this movie, and you can understand why it will always be a classic.

Growing up watching Star Wars I was waiting for Alec Guinness while in conversation with Peter O'Toole to break out his Jedi mind tricks and remind him that "These are not the droids you are looking for". Disregarding the way my mind thinks, it was well cast, and of course they are all now great actors of their time.

Well worth seeing the restoration on the big screen at the Astor, so click the link below to see session times. It is great having a cinema showing these restorations, and good to know that the Astor will keep showing the classics for a long time to come.


Pros: 4k restoration. Classic. Great cast.

Cons: 

Links: Astor Lawrence of Arabia. Screen times at the Astor.

Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment