Sunday 12 August 2012

My MIFF2012 experience: Make Hummus not war

Summary: I do like my hummus, but that is not why I went to see this film. When looking through the MIFF program the title caught my eye. It looked different and the type of film that I look out for while making my selections for MIFF. Pick something which I might not be able to see on the big screen and that is different.
I felt like instead of asking the question to the people in the film of 'Could Hummus bring people together and make peace in the Middle East?', it was more of who create the Hummus, was it the Jews or the Arabs? I feel like they took the easy road, instead of keeping the film different, which is about hummus and how it brings people together no matter what race. In saying that, I do understand in that region it would have been slightly political. I didn't realize how big of a following hummus has around the world, with people dedicated in blogging just about hummus. It was a very well put together documentary, and enjoyable to watch.

Pros: very well put together.

Cons:

Links: MIFF Make Hummus not war

Rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment