Friday 17 August 2012

My MIFF2012 experience: Mine Games

Summary: 
A film which debuted last night at MIFF, by local filmmaker Richard Gray. It's great to see a local get up there and do some amazing films, like his previous movie Summer Coda, but this one had a few too many holes in the storyline for it to be a classic thriller. I liked the concept of what the film is based around, I just felt like it was missing something. At the start of the movie I had Déjà vu moments, where I thought I was watching The Cabin in the Woods. It's also the little things like the sound, at the start the voice over was hard to hear, and so I felt like I missed a main part of the movie. I cannot say I didn't enjoy watching it, it did make me laugh in a lot of places.
I enjoyed Summer Coda, and look forward to Blinder, coming out next year, and hope Richard has great success into the future.

Pros: 

Cons: 

Links: MIFF Mine Games

Rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment